Wednesday, July 23, 2014

23rd of July, 2014
Intern Shareef's Blog #28:
  This morning I woke up early (and then fell back asleep) because I was sleeping on the couch, and my uncle ran out of the house this morning. I was sleeping on the couch because I have many mosquito's in my room and I have gotten so many bites while I slept so I didn't want them anymore. So I slept on the couch to be safe. I later found out my uncle ran out this morning because Leticia and her kids left this morning in a a taxi, but the taxi they got at first wasn't big enough to fit all of their luggage. They didn't know how to get a bigger taxi so my uncle went to get a larger taxi and bring it to them. When I officially woke up I got ready for the day but my stomach was really upset and I was skeptical about going to school today but I only had 2 spanish classes left so I thought I better make the most of it. After spanish class we had a discussion about our trip to Zacatecas on friday. After that we talked about re-entering systems and reverse culture shock. Even though I already learned about some of it yesterday, my uncle was able to summarize it in about 20 minutes so it was nice to hear it from him. When we completed our discussion I did some work and also looked at these Memes my uncle showed me about Mexicans. It had me really interested because I enjoy looking at those Memes so I started looking at other categories (that involve things in common with me) that use this specific style of Meme. I found some really interesting ones that I enjoyed reading. Some not so much because they are stereotypes but it there are always some good and some bad. (below are some of my favorites)

 
After work we went back home and I started to clean up all my clothes for next weeks trip. While I was doing that my uncle asked me if I wanted to go see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and I was totally up for it. So he checked and said "I think it's at 8:00, the website is really confusing." So we got there at 7:45 and asked about the movie and the lady said it doesn't come out until tomorrow and there were no other good movies so we just walked home. On our way home we bought Tron Legacy and we watched that movie and it was good. I hadn't seen it for awhile but it was pretty good. Now for our next movie we watch together it is probably going to be The Matrix. After the movie my uncle asked if I needed to put stuff in my food hole and I said yes. So he made spaghetti and now we are ending our long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment