Sunday, July 6, 2014

6th of July, 2014
  Intern Shareef's Blog #11:
  Last day at Malinalco. This morning we went and had breakfast at Casa Luna. Today I got sunny-side up eggs and ate A LOT of this sweet bread. It was so delicious and it tasted kind of like a dry cinnamon bun of some sort. Anyways after that we went back to the hotel and I laid down and helped watch Leticia's kids while uncle Jason took the students to a retreat. While they were away we played at the mini park (that has a slide, a teeter-totter, a swing, and the gymnast rings) at the pool. Then we headed to a culture center where I made a ceramic J for my uncle J-ason. It was kind of hard because I wanted to make it smooth and shaped very well. It ended up cracking a bit though. After that we went to a museum and learned about the crops in Malinalco as well as all the butterflies Malinalco has (they have over 300 species of butterflies.) We also went in to a replica of the pyramid and learned how one would  become a warrior. They would have to go in to the pyramid/temple and would be isolated in a room with two priests and the governor. The man who wanted to be a warrior would have to pierce their nose cartilage with a nail from an animals claw and would put the blood in a hole in the ground as an offering to the gods. When we were finished with the museum I bought a little cactus for my uncle because I didn't like the cactus we ate so I threw it away but now he can replenish the few pieces in a few months or years.
 When they got back from the retreat a couple of hours later we went back to D.F and the ride was very beautiful and we saw many different sceneries as well as little towns and a big ATV sight. It was a really nice drive even though I wasn't feeling too well.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these bloggs...you're learning a lot of cool things about Mexico.i don't know why it says amara says cause this is grandpa typing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says Amara because you are logged into Amara's account/blog.

      Delete